Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kevon - Ladakh to Nepal

I met Kevin on my drive from Batal to Kunzum Pass. On seeing this man dragging a two wheeled cart that was attached to the rear of his body, I asked the driver to stop the Jeep. I got off the Jeep and approached him, extended my hand and introduce myself. But I was amazed to see that he was not interested in getting into the Jeep and had walked all the way from Dras in the west of Leh.

"Where are you going to?"  I asked him.
"I am walking through the Himalayan Valleys and my destination is Nepal'. He amazed me with his words and a smile on his lips.
"What is your name?' I wanted to know more about him.
"Kevin and I am from Australia'" said he.
I could not ask anything else but did not forget to catch him in my camera. He had carried all items that he required in the cart that he dragged all the way. Wherever he got tired he pitched his tent and ate from his stock that he kept. Perhaps one day he would see this blog and see himself, he would be glad.

I am sure he will get in touch with me if he sees this.

No comments: